How it works:
- Install unit as per Sti-P3®, ACT-100® or Permatank installation instructions.
- We-Mac Manufacturing, Inc. recommends installing a grit chamber to trap any trash or solids before entry into the separator.
- Fill separator completely with clean water.
- When oil/water mixture enters unit, it will be forced through a patented corrugated pipe which coalesces the free oil. The oil that is dense enough will float to the surface.
- Oil/water mixture is then sent through the patented coalescer packs.
- Sludge is trapped so it will not continue downstream.
- Water is discharged to approved areas.
- To increase oil removal efficiency, (10 PPM oil/grease) a polypropylene fiber polisher pack is used to intercept droplets of oil too small to be removed by coalescer packs.
- The waste oil should be removed when oil storage reaches 40-50% of total separator capacity.